The ESP32-WROOM-32U is a WiFi and Bluetooth module using the popular ESPRESSIF ESP32 chip. The pads on the module have a 1.27mm spacing. This is the original module, manufactured by Espressif.
The ESP32 chip integrates a dual-core processor with 448 KByte ROM, 520 KByte SRAM, 16 KByte SRAM in RTC, 802.11 b/g/n/e/I Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR & BLE, clocks & Times, abundant peripheral Interfaces and security mechanism.
Software can be developed using many different platforms, including Arduino. It is designed for Generic low power IoT sensor hub, loggers, video steaming for camera, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth enabled devices, Home automation and mesh network applications, aimed at makers, hardware engineers, software engineers and solution provides.
The ESP32 is the most integrated solution for Wi-Fi + Bluetooth applications in the industry with less than 10 external components. ESP32 integrates the antenna switch, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters, and power management modules. As such, the entire solution occupies minimal Printed Circuit Board (PCB) area.
To view the PDF Datasheet, click here.see this page:
The ESP32-WROOM-32U comes in a 32, 64 and 128MBit version(4, 8 and 16 MByte = MB). This is the 64MBit version. The 32MBit has a blue dot, the 64MBit module a green dot, and the 128MBit module a white dot on the back.
- CPU and Memory: Xtensa® 32-bit LX6 Dua-core processor, up to 600 DMIPS
- Chip ESP32-D0WD
- 4 MByte(32Mbit) SPI Flash
- 448 KByte ROM
- 520 KByte SRAM
- 16 KByte SRAM in RTC
- IPEX(U.FL) Antenna Connector
- Compact size of 18 x 19.2 x 3.2 mm (±0.2mm)
Supply Voltage: 2.2V~3.6V
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i
- 802.11 n (2.4 GHz), up to 150 Mbps
- 802.11 e: QoS for wireless multimedia technology.
- WMM-PS, UAPSD
- MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation
- Block ACK
- Fragmentation and Defragmentation
- Automatic Beacon monitoring/scanning
- 802.11 i security features: pre-authentication and TSN
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)/WPA2/WPA2-Enterprise/Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Infrastructure BSS Station mode/SoftAP mode
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), P2P Discovery, P2P Group Owner mode and P2P Power Management
- UMA compliant and certified
- Antenna diversity and selection
- Compliant with Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
- Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter without external power amplifier
- Enhanced power control
- +10 dBm transmitting power
- NZIF receiver with -98 dBm sensitivity
- Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH)
- Standard HCI based on SDIO/SPI/UART High speed UART HCI, up to 4 Mbps
- BT 4.2 controller and host stack
- Service Discover Protocol (SDP)
- General Access Profile (GAP)
- Security Manage Protocol (SMP)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- All GATT-based profile supported
- SPP-Like GATT-based profile
- BLE Beacon
- A2DP/AVRCP/SPP, HSP/HFP, RFCOMM
- CVSD and SBC for audio codec
- Bluetooth Piconet and Scatternet
1 x ESP32-WROOM-32U