The im232P is a RS-232 interface module. It is part of our iMod product range. It converts TTL logic levels to RS-232 interface levels, and visa versa. It has a wide operating voltage of 3.0V to 5.5V, low power consumption, and is ESD protected up to 15kV. It enables 3.3V and 5V devices (like a Microcontroller for example) to communicate via the standard RS-232 protocol. It uses the Sipex SP3232EEN RS-232 Transceiver chip. For details download it’s datasheet from www.exar.com.
Only high quality components are used! The SP3232E driver chip is superior to many other RS-232 driver chips that do not have the ESD protection, temperature range or wide operating voltage. We also only use brand name capacitors, like Samsung, Murata, Yageo, TDK or other top brands.
The TB05B-F350-W4 or TB05P-M350-H4 terminal blocks can be soldered into the space for a terminal block connector on the PCB. Any standard 2.54mm (0.1″) grid pin header, or press-fit pin header can be soldered into the two positions (X1 and X2) on the PCB left for pin headers. If required, wires can also of course be soldered onto the PCB in stead of connectors.
Schematics (pdf format)
|Click to enlarge|
- Meets True EIA/TIA-232-F Standards from a +3.0V to +5.5V Power Supply
- Interoperable with EIA/TIA-232 and Adheres to EIA/TIA-562 Down to a +2.7V Power Source
- Minimum 120kbps Data Rate under Load
- Regulated Charge Pump Yields Stable RS-232 Outputs Regardless of VCC Variations
- Enhanced ESD Specifications:
- ±15kV Human Body Mode
- ±15kV IEC1000-4-2 Air Discharge
- ±8kV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Discharge
- Wide Operating Range: 3.0V to 5.5V, and -40°C to +85°C
- High quality assembly, with brand name, quality components. No cheap, “no name brand” components are used!
- Module dimension: 22.2mm x 19.7mm (0.875″ x 0.775″)
- RoHS Compliant
- Operating Temperature -40°C to + 85°C
|im232P Datasheet and Schematics|
What is included
- 1 x iMod module, all surface mount components fully assembled, as shown in picture above. The pin headers and terminal block connector are not assembled!
1 x Item as described above