The im5P is a simple I/O module. It is part of our iMod product range, and is intended to be used with our products that have iMod ports. It can however be used for many other applications too, and can be mounted on a standard 0.1″ grid prototyping board.
It makes 5 ports available via a 3.5mm Terminal Block connector. Additionally there is space on the PCB for TVS protection diodes that can be assembled on request. The 5 ports are marked 2,3,4,5 and X on the PCB.
- Ports 2,3,4 and 5 are routed to pins 2,3,4 and 5 of the pin header (iMod port).
- Port X can be configured via a solder jumper to be connected to 0V, 3.3V, 5V, Vaux or pin header 6 (iMod port 6).
All ports have a 1kOhm resistor in series with them. This helps protect the Microcontroller port from over voltages. Solder jumper 2,3,4 and 5 on top of the board allow the 1kOhm resistor to be bypassed.
On most products with iMod ports, iMod ports 2,3 and 4 are Relocatable Ports (click here for details). Many also include port 5. These 4 iMod ports (pin header 2 to 5) are routed to Terminal Block ports 2,3,4 and 5 (marked on PCB behind terminal block). They can be configured to perform many different functions, like PWM outputs, UART Serial Port (TTL UART), SPI port, Capture input, Interrupt input…
iMod Ports 5 and 6 (pin header 5 & 6) are Analog Input/General purpose I/O ports on most products with iMod ports. These 2 ports (routed to Terminal Block ports 5 and X) can be used as general purpose I/O, or Analog Inputs.
The TB06B-F350-W4 or TB06P-M350-H4 terminal blocks can be soldered into the space for a terminal block connector on the PCB. Any standard 2.54mm (0.1″) grid pin header, or press-fit pin header can be soldered into the two positions (X1 and X2) on the PCB left for pin headers. If required, wires can also of course be soldered onto the PCB in stead of connectors.
Schematics (pdf format)
|Click to enlarge|
- 5 Ports with 1kOhm series resistors
- Ports 2 to 4 can be fitted with TVS protection diodes on request
- Module dimension: 22.2mm x 22.2mm (0.875″ x 0.875″)
- RoHS Compliant
|im5P Datasheet and Schematics|
What is included
- 1 x iMod module, all surface mount components fully assembled, as shown in picture above. The pin headers and terminal block connector are not assembled!
1 x Item as described above