This modules has a InvenSense MPU-6050 sensor, voltage regulator and additional components. The MPU-6050 contains a MEMS accelerometer and a MEMS gyro in a single chip. It is very accurate, since it contains 16-bits analog to digital conversion hardware for each channel. Therefor it captures the x, y, and z channel at the same time. This sensor board has a voltage regulator. So it can be used with 3.3V and with 5V.
This module has an I2C interface, making it very easy to interface to any Arduino/AVR/PIC or nearly any other Microcontroller board. Most of them have an I2C interface!
There are many resources on the internet describing how to use it with Arduino, AVR, PIC and other embedded platforms.
|Click to enlarge|
- MPU-6050 Chip
- Operating voltage 3 – 5V
- Standard IIC communication protocol
- Chip built-in 16bit AD converter, 16bit data output
- Gyroscopes range: +/- 250 500 1000 2000 degree/sec
- Acceleration range: +/- 2g, +/- 4g, +/- 8g, +/- 16g
- Immersion Gold plating PCB
- Standard Pin spacing: 2.54mm
- Size 20.8mm x 15.7mm x 3.4mm
Using this sensor with a Controller board
We stock a wide range of embedded Single Board Computers (Arduino, PIC Microchip SBC…) that can be used together with this sensor. All our boards have an I2C interface, which is required by this board. Seeing that this sensors works with a wide operating voltage, it is compatible with any of our 3.3V and 5V boards. See the Boards section of our menu at the top of this page (or use search box) for our full range of SBC Boards. Following are some lists (created by search terms) of compatible accessories.
- 5V SBC Boards (search for “5v sbc”)
- 3.3V SBC Boards (search for “3.3v sbc”)
- Dual voltage 5V and 3.3V SBC Boards (search for “5v/3.3v sbc board”)
- Modtronix SBC Boards (search for “modtronix sbc”)
- Arduino Main SBC Boards (search for “arduino main board”)
- ….. For other lists, use search box on the top of this page!
Documentation, Sample Code and Resources
- There is a lot of informtion on this page at Arduino Playground.
- The product schematics is available here.
- Details on the MPU-6050 is available here.
- To post a question, or share code, see our user forum.
What is included
- 1 x GY-521 Accelerometer + Gyro (3 Axis) MPU-6050 Module
- 1 x Straight 8 pin, 2.54mm pin headers
- 1 x Right angle 8 pin, 2.54mm pin headers
1 x Item as described above