This is a quality interface converter from USR. Their products are known for their quality, good documentation and easy to use software.
The USR-WIFI232-610-V2 is a RS232/RS485 to Ethernet/WiFi Interface Converter. It can be used to send data from RS232/RS485 to Ethernet/WIFI in TCP client, TCP server, UDP client and UDP server modes. It can be configured via built in webpages, and firmware is network upgradable. This device is very well built, and is supplied in a sturdy metal enclosure. It is manufactured with high quality components, and the latest PCB assembly techniques.
This product consists of the following:
1 x Genuine USR-WIFI232-610-V2
1 x Network Cable
1 x DSub Male to Female Cable
1 x WiFi Antenna
1 x Australian Wall Mount Power Supply, 5V, 1A, 2.1mm Connector
Additional information is available on USR’s product site.
Additional information is available on https://www.usriot.com/products/serial-wifi-converter.html
This product will be shipped via eParcel from Sydney (except if you upgrade to express post during checkout).
- Hardware flow control (RTS/CTS) RS232 interface, male mouth(needle) consistent with computer pin definition
- DC5~18V wide voltage input, can provide 2A current MP1482DS DCDC power supply chip, keep system reliability.
- RS232 RS485 automatic switching
- RJ45 network connection, support wired Ethernet transmission
- Reload button, do not worry incorrect settings (in working status, press the button 3-5s then it load to default settings and automatic restart)
- Rich status indicator light: Power Ready Link RXD TXD
- Support IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless standards
- Support TCP/IP/UDP network protocols
- Support RS232 RS384 data interface
- Support work as STA/AP/AP+STA mode
- Support router/bridge Mode networking
- Support external antenna
- Support transparent transmission mode
- Support AT+ instruction set for configuration
- Support friendly web configuration page
- Support palmodic signal
- Single 5-18V power supply
- Small size: 84 x 84x25mm
- FCC/CE/RoHS/TELEC certificated
- Serial RS232/RS485 to Wifi or Ethernet
- WiFi remote control and monitoring, TCP/IP and WiFi coprocessor
- WiFi remote control toy such as aircraft and cars
- WiFi Internet radio, camera, digital photo frame
- Medical instrument, data acquisition, handheld device
- WiFi fatness testing machine, smart card terminal, Smart Home
- Instrument, equipment parameter monitoring, wireless POS machine
- Modern agriculture, military field and other wireless related secondary development applications
Simple Transparent transmission
Transparent transmission means that whatever is transferred, our device plays the role of a channel and sends data to the target without modification. On-site monitoring equipment sends data to Wireless Device Servers transparent data transmission terminal by itself port, the terminal CUP receives data by serial port and package data.
Various parameter setting method
Download settings software, search Wireless Device Servers in the LAN through the serial port server IP, name, MAC address, or the version number. Then set the parameters you need, otherwise keep the default.
- Open your browser and inter the default IP address of the Wireless Device Servers.
- Open the login page of Serial Server, Enter the user name and password (default admin).
- After setting parameter, Click “Save” and “Restart”, then setting will take effect.
Serial AT commands Settings
User can set parameter by module itself without going through another computer to configure. This setting method is used in the following situation: user have to configure IP address and destination IP address on site. AT command can meet the demand. After MCU connects serial server module by TTL (UART), MCU can configure setting by AT command.
The simplest way to configure and use these modules is:
- Connect the antenna, and power the module
- On a PC with WiFi, look for a new network with “610” in its name, and connect to it
- When asked for a username and password, use “admin” and “admin”
- In a browser, connect to the built in webpage of the device at http://10.10.100.254
- Configure the device via the the “quick start” section of the webpage.
- If two devices will be used to connect to each other, configure the one for AP(Access Point) mode, and the other for STA(Station). Remember the SSID of the device configured as AP, and use it for the device configured as STA. This way, the STA device will connect to the Access Point provided by the STA device.
|Processor||MIPS solution (32bit 360MHz)|
|RAM / Flash||8M / 1M|
|Interface Standard||8 pin RJ45|
|Rate||10/100 Mbps, MDI/MDIX, auto switch between cross and direct connection|
|Protction||2KV electromagnetism isolation, shell insulation blocking|
|Network Protocol||IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, ARP, ICMP, Web socket, Httpd client|
|Receive Buffer||64K byte|
|Max. Client Number in TCP Server Mode||32|
|Network Mode||AP / Station / AP+Station|
|STA Number in AP Mode||32|
|Frequency Range||2.412 GHz ~ 2.484 GHz|
|Transmit Power||802.11b: +20 dBm (Max)
802.11g: +18 dBm (Max)
802.11n: +15 dBm (Max)
|Receive Sensitivity||802.11b: -89dbm
|RF Model||DSSS / OFDM|
|Transmission Rate||802.11b：11 Mbps
|Transmission Range||Max 400m (open horizon, 3dbi antenna)|
|Wireless Network Security||WEP: 64-bit/128-bit data encryption
WPA, WPA2, 802.11i: advanced mode and PSK mode
Encryption: 128-bit TKIP, AES, TKIP/AES
|Port Number||2 (1*RS-232, 1*RS-485, can not work at the same time)|
|Interface Standard||RS-232: DB9 pin type, RS-485: 2 wire (A+, B-, GND)|
|Data Bits||5, 6, 7, 8|
|Stop Bit||1, 2|
|Check Bit||None, Even, Odd, Space, Mark|
|Baud Rate||300 bps ~ 460800 bps|
|Flow Control||RTS / CTS|
|Buffer||Send and receive 4K bytes respectively|
|Protection||RS-485: surge protection, overvoltage protection|
|RS-485 Pull-up and Pull-down Resistor||2.2 KΩ|
|Virtual Serial（USR-VCOM）||Windows 2000 or higher (32 bit/64 bit)|
|Configuration||Built-in webpage, computer set-up software, serial AT command|
|Size||84 x 84 x 25 mm|
|Operating Temp.||-40 ~ 85°C|
|Storage Temp.||-40 ~ 125°C, 5 ~ 95% RH (no condensation)|
|Input Voltage||DC 5 ~ 18 V|
|Working Current||140 ~ 350 mA @ 5V|
|Power||AP: 140mA @ 5V, STA: 140mA @ 5V, EPHY: 170mA @ 5V
AP: 60mA @ 12V, STA: 60mA @ 12V, EPHY: 70mA @ 12V
|Certificate||CE, FCC, ROHS, TELEC|
|Accessory||5V1A power supply, serial line, cable, 3dbi antenna|
Additional Information, Software & Documentation
For additional Information, Software & Documentation, see the product page on USR’s website.
- Datasheet: https://99tech.com.au/mx-m/usr/usr-wifi232-610_datasheet.pdf
- User Manual: https://99tech.com.au/mx-m/usr/usr-wifi232-602-604_610_v2_user_manual.pdf
- Quick Start Guide: https://99tech.com.au/mx-m/usr/usr-wifi232-602-604_610_v2_quick_start_guide.pdf
For additional Information, Software & Documentation, see the product page on USR’s website:
Modes of operation
This product can be used for:
- AP Mode
- STA Mode
- AP+STA Mode
- One AP and one STA Mode
Comparison between 602, 604, 610 and 630:
1 x Genuine USR-WIFI232-610-V2 (RS232/RS485 Serial to WiFi/Ethernet Converter)
1 x Australian Wall Mount Power Supply
1 x WiFi Antenna
1 x Serial DSub Male to Female Cable
1 x Network Cable