This mini doppler radar sensor module is equipped with supporting DC 4-28V wide voltage. This is a mini radar motion sensor module is equipped with RCWL-9196 chip based on the doppler microwave induction technology. It will automatically continuously output a high level TTL signal when there is motion. It is perfect for DIY microwave motion sensor light switch, human sensor toys, smart security devices, etc.
1. Do not place any metal in front of the sensor
2. Leave more than 1cm space in front and back of the module
The output of the RCWL0516 sensor is analog and can be connected to an analog input of a microcontroller and sampled by an ADC. The output voltage is roughly proportional to the distance between the sensor and the object. However, since it relies on a Doppler radar system, signal reflections from other nearby objects can interfere with the measurement, making it less reliable and accurate than other kinds of sensors. The reflections from different kinds of objects can also influence measurements, for example, metallic objects have a stronger reflection than plastic objects.
RCWL0516 IC, which is a complete RF Doppler system in a chip is the heart of the module. The peripheral components act as power supply decoupling and filtering and set operating points. The RF section consists of a high-speed NPN transistor Q1, which forms a Colpitts oscillator. The antenna is a trace on the PCB. The transistor Q1 also acts as a mixer that combines the transmitted and received signal and outputs the difference which is filtered by the low pass filter formed by C9 and R8, and is amplified by the IC. This signal can be treated the same way as the signal from a PIR sensor.
- Uses RCWL-9196 chip
- High level signal output when detecting the motion with active repeat trigger
- 360 degree no blind angle detection with 5-7m detecting distance
- Detection not affected by the surroundings, better performance than the IR sensor
- Support night detecting function turn on /off, adjustable repeat trigger time and detecting distance by add the SMD components to the corresponding pins
- Input Voltage – 4V to 28V
- Operating current – 3mA (max.)
- Operating frequency – 3.2GHz
- Transmission power – 30mW (max.)
- Regulated output voltage – 3.3V, max. 100mA
- Sensing distance – 5 to 7 meters
- Board Size: 35.9 x 17.3mm / 1.41 x 0.68inch
Specs and Docs
- Project for using this module with ArduinoProject for using this module with Arduino:
- Project for using this module with the ESP8266Project for using this module with the ESP8266:
- GitHub repository with lots of RCWL-9196 related informationGitHub repository with lots of RCWL-9196 related information:
- Google "RCWL-9196 module" for heaps more information, tutorials and sample projects
1 x Sensor Module