Colorduino is a magic RGB LED dot-matrix driver compatible with Arduino . Colorduino pairs the M54564 with a single DM163 constant current driver. By using the DM163, Colorduino gains three 8+6-bit channels of hardware PWM control of the LED’s freeing up the MCU from having to implement it in software. This gives the ATmega328 more CPU bandwidth for performing other tasks.
Mutiple Colorduino boards can be cascade to create an array of LED Dot Matrix modules. All controlled via a single I2C bus.
There are many projects on the internet describing how to use it with Arduino, STM32, PIC, Raspberry Pi and other popular platforms..
Please note these are VERY LOW cost boards from China. If you expect a premium product, this is NOT for you. These boards might have scratches on them, might not be the cleanest, and the packaging might have scratches or small tears. For example, if the board has pin headers, they are often ship to us from China all together in a bag, and the pins might be slightly bent or protrude through the bag. If this is not acceptable, please look for a more premium product. After all our costs (10% GST, over 10% eBay/PayPal fee and "Free" shipping we have to pay for), you can appreciate that there is very, very little profit margin left for us. We bring you these products at a very good price, but keep in mind it is a very low cost, cheap and nasty cheap product - exactly the same as similar price products sold by other sellers.
- 8bits colors support with 6bits correction for each color in every dots
- Hardware 16MHz PWM support
- Without any external circuits, play and shine
- Dedicated GPIO and ADC interface
- Hardware UART and IIC communication with easy cascading
- 24 constant current channels of 100mA each
- 8 super source driver channels of 500mA each
There is a lot of information and demo code available on the internet for the Colorduino, for example:
- Information page on itead.com
- Size: 60mm x 60mm x 1.6mm
- Power Supply: 5V~7.5V DC(7.5V Max)
- Current Consumption(Except LED matrix): 20mA typical (40mA maximum)
- Drive current(Every channel): 500mA
- Drive current(Every dot) : 58mA
Documentation and Example Code
The schematics can be downloaded here.
Some example code can be downloaded here.
|*** Click to enlarge ***|
1 x Colorduino V1.3 Modules