This is an OLED Display with 128 x 64 pixels, using the popular SSD1306 chip. It has an I2C (IIC) interface, and wide supply voltage range allowing it to be used with 3.3V and 5V devices. It is compatible with many popular devices like Arduino, Microchip PIC, AVR, Raspberry Pi, STM32, mbed and others. Please NOTE the pinouts on this module are VCC, GND, SCL(I2C Clock), SDA(I2C Data). Some modules have GND and VCC swapped! I2C Address: By default, the module is configured for I2C address hex 78 (0x78). This can be changed to hex 7A (0x7A) via a solder jumper on the back of the board. The only time this might be required is if you have multiple I2C devices connected to a single bus, and there is already a device on the bus with the address 0x78. Please note that for Arduino the I2C address in code has to be 0x3C for 0x78 jumper setting, and 0x3D for 0x7A jumper setting.
Pin 1 = VCC, and can be 3.3 to 5V Pin 2 = Ground Pin 3 = SCL, which is I2C Serial Clock Pin 4 = SDA, which is I2C Serial Data
- Size: 0.96″
- Resolution: 128 x 64 pixels
- Color: Blue
- Viewing angle: greater than 160 degrees
- Supported platforms: Any 3.3V or 5V microcontroller with and I2C port, like Arduino, 51 series, MSP430 series, STIM32, Microchip PIC, AVR…
- Low power consumption: 0.04W during normal operation
- Dimensions: 27.8mm * 27.3mm * 4.1mm
- Driver IC: SSD1306
- Communication: IIC, only two I / O ports
- Support wide voltage: 3.3V-5V DC
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to + 80°C
Documentation and Example Code
This modules uses the standard and very popular SSD1306 interface chip. It is supported by many different platforms, and finding a software library should be no problem at all. Ensure the I2C address in your software library is correct! By default, the module is configured for I2C address hex 78 (0x78). This can be changed to hex 7A (0x7A) via a solder jumper on the back of the board.
1 x OLED Module, Blue