This is a 2-channel RS485 module for Raspberry Pi Pico!
Waveshare SKU: 19717
Waveshare Part Number: Pico-2CH-RS485
The module uses an SP3485 RS485 Transceiver and uses the UART bus to easily convert UART to RS485 or vice versa. The baud rate is 300~500,000bps. Onboard LEDs indicate the status of each pin (TXD0, RXD0, PWR, TXD1, RXD1).
No soldering is required as the module comes pre-assembled, with female headers ready to slot your Raspberry Pi Pico in to. Both terminal blocks and male pin headers are available for connecting the board.
IMPORTANT: Ensure to mount correct way round on Pico board! When connecting your Pico, please pay attention to the direction of connection. The direction can be judged by observing the USB screen printing end of the module and the USB interface end of the Pico.
NOTE: Raspberry Pi Pico not included. You'll need a Pico with male headers soldered to it.
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pico
- Uses the UART bus - converting UART to RS485 or vice versa
- Onboard indication LEDs
- Terminal blocks alongside male jumper headers - options for connectivity
- Comes with Online development resources and examples - see wiki page.
- Operating voltage: 3.3V
- Communication bus: UART
- RS485 transceiver: SP3485
- Baudrate: 300 ~ 500000bps
|PIN||Raspberry Pi (BCM)||DESCRIPTION|
|TX_CH0||GP0||UART transmit pin|
|RX_CH0||GP1||UART receive pin|
|TX_CH1||GP4||UART transmit pin|
|RX_CH1||GP5||UART receive pin|
Specs and Docs
- PDF SchematicsPDF Schematics:
- Wiki page with lots of additional information and sample codeWiki page with lots of additional information and sample code:
1 x Raspberry Pi Expansion Board