This is the genuine Ai-Thinker ESP-12S module. Beware of clone modules, seeing that the RF performance might not be the same! The ESP-12S is a compact version of the ESP-12F and ESP-12E WiFi modules. The bottom row of pads has been removed. These pads contained mainly IO pins that could not be used by the user anyway, so it does not affect the usability of the board a lot. The remaining pins are 100% pin compatible with the ESP-12F and ESP-12E modules. You can solder this module onto a board designed for the ESP-12E or ESP-12F board.
The ESP-12S uses the very popular ESP8266 chip. Software can be developed using many different platforms, like Arduino for example. The pads on the module have an easy to hand solder 2.0mm pitch.
For additional information on the ESP82266, see our wiki page.
For additional information on the ESP82266, see our eBay Guide:
- Enhanced and compact version of the popular ESP-12E, without bottom row of pads
- Uses a new four-layer board design
- PCB Antenna RF performance optimization, communication distance is increased by 30% -50% compared to ESP-12E!
- Passed FCC & CE & RoHS certification
- Built in PCB antenna
- 4M bytes SPI Flash for programming
1 x ESP-12S Module