This is a high quality relay module, assembled with reliable Songle relays. The components, quality and soldering is higher quality than cheaper, similar looking boards. It costs a bit more, but is manufactured by a company that produces high quality products.
Please NOTE: Some of the pictures show a different relay brand, but all modules are now assembled with high quality Songle relays.
This module has a terminal block connector for supplying power and controlling the relays, with following pins
- DC+: 5V Positive power supply(VCC)
- DC-: Negative power supply(GND)
- INx: For controlling the relays. A high or low signal will turn the relay on, depending on the jumper settings
Each relay output is available via a terminal block connector with following signals
- NO: Normally open, connected to COM when relay is turned on
- COM: Common pin for the relay. Connected to NC when relay is off, and NO when on
- NC: Normally closed, connected to COM when relay is turned off
When the relay is turned off, COM and NC will be electrically connected. When the relay is turned on, COM and NO will be electrically connected.
The relay trigger level can be configured for high or low level via a pin header with jumpers:
- Low level trigger when jumper is on 'L' side
- High level trigger when jumper is on 'H' side
For liability and safety reasons we DO NOT recommend using this module with voltages above 24V. Any use of this module is at your own risk! Always take necessary safety precautions when working with high voltages to prevent electrical shock! We will take no responsibility for any damage, personal injury or death incurred due to using this unit with high voltages!
- The relays used are normally Songle or Tongling, which are both good quality and have the same specifications.
- During shipping the relays might often get small scratches on them from other boards rubbing against them.
- There are often also small visual differenced between batches. The module size and functionally will however be identical.
- Relays can be controlled directly with 3.3V or 5V logic signals from a microcontroller (Arduino, 8051, AVR, PIC, DSP, ARM, ARM, MSP430, TTL logic)
- Each relay has an Optocoupler, providing optical isolation between switching circuit and relay
- Each relay has a freewheeling diode protection
- Jumper allowing relays to be trigged with a high or low signal
- Fault-tolerant design, even if the control line is broken, the relay will not operate
- Green power indicator LED
- Each relay has a red status indicator LED
- Four mounting bolts holes, diameter 3.1mm
- Channels: 2 Relays
- Vcc and Relay (input trigger) Voltage: 5V
- Relay Trigger Current(Optocoupler trigger): 2 to 5mA
- Relay Trigger Low Voltage: 0 to 1.5V
- Relay Trigger High Voltage: 3 to 5V
- Relay Output Current: 10A at 250VAC, 10A at 30VDC
- Input Type: Opto Isolated inputs
- Module dimension: 142mm x 50mm (±1mm)
1 x Relay module