The NodeMCU-32S is a WiFi & Bluetooth module, using the popular Espressif ESP32 chip.
We also sell an alternative version of this module on our site. This module has 38 pin headers(2 rows of 19 each). The other version has 30 pins (2 rows of 15 each). This other module is located here.
Please note: The printing on the front and back of the PCB might look a bit different than shown in the pictures. For example, the bottom of the PCB on some batches are white, and on other batches it is black.
Beware of cheaper versions of this board assembled with the CH340 USB chip, or low quality ESP32 Modules (not manufactured by Espressif). This boards is assembled with the CP2102 USB to Serial chip. It also has the higher power SOT-223 linear regulator, which has a higher power rating than the SOT-23 type used on some other modules.
The NodeMCU-32S board is assembled with the ESP-32S (ESP-WROOM-32) module. It adds a USB port, user/firmware button, reset button, LEDs and easy to use 2.54mm(0.1") pin headers to the ESP-32S module.
The ESP32 chip integrates a dual-core processor with 448 KByte ROM, 520 KByte SRAM, 16 KByte SRAM in RTC, 802.11 b/g/n/e/I Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR & BLE, clocks & Times, abundant peripheral Interfaces and sercurity mechanism.
Software can be developed using many different platforms, including Arduino. It is designed for Generic low power IoT sensor hub, loggers, video steaming for camera, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth enabled devices, Home automation and mesh network applications, aimed at makers, hardware engineers, software engineers and solution provides.
The ESP32 is the most integrated solution for Wi-Fi + Bluetooth applications in the industry with less than 10 external components. ESP32 integrates the antenna switch, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters, and power management modules. As such, the entire solution occupies minimal Printed Circuit Board (PCB) area.
For additional ESP32 information click here.see this page:
- Powered via standard Micro USB Connector
- Reset and User/Firmware buttons
- User and Power LED
- Virtual USB port for debugging and firmware upgrade
- Assembled with ESP-32S module
- CPU and Memory: Xtensa® 32-bit LX6 Dua-core processor, up to 600 DMIPS
- 4 MByte SPI Flash
- 448 KByte ROM
- 520 KByte SRAM
- 16 KByte SRAM in RTC
- On board 3DBi PCB antenna
- Compact size of 25.4mm x 48.3mm
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i
- 802.11 n (2.4 GHz), up to 150 Mbps
- 802.11 e: QoS for wireless multimedia technology.
- WMM-PS, UAPSD
- MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation
- Block ACK
- Fragmentation and Defragmentation
- Automatic Beacon monitoring/scanning
- 802.11 i security features: pre-authentication and TSN
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)/WPA2/WPA2-Enterprise/Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Infrastructure BSS Station mode/SoftAP mode
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), P2P Discovery, P2P Group Owner mode and P2P Power Management
- UMA compliant and certified
- Antenna diversity and selection
- Compliant with Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
- Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter without external power amplifier
- Enhanced power control
- +10 dBm transmitting power
- NZIF receiver with -98 dBm sensitivity
- Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH)
- Standard HCI based on SDIO/SPI/UART ? High speed UART HCI, up to 4 Mbps
- BT 4.2 controller and host stack
- Service Discover Protocol (SDP)
- General Access Profile (GAP)
- Security Manage Protocol (SMP)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- All GATT-based profile supported
- SPP-Like GATT-based profile
- BLE Beacon
- A2DP/AVRCP/SPP, HSP/HFP, RFCOMM
- CVSD and SBC for audio codec
- Bluetooth Piconet and Scatternet
Documentation and Info
High resolution images can be downloaded here:
1 x NodeMCU-32S Module