It does NOT include an antenna! It can be used with the 868 and 915MHz U.FL antennas available in our shop. The Anaren 868MHz and 915MHz antennas can also be used. The Anaren part numbers are A1101R08C(868MHz) and A1101R09C(915MHz).
The inAir9 is a 868 and 915Mhz wireless module using the Semtech SX1276 chip, with a standard U.FL(UFL) connector (for antenna). It is part of our iMod product range. The frequency is configured in software, and will typically be used for the 863-870MHz or 902-928MHz ISM bands. This module is nearly identical to the inAir9B-UFL, except that is has a maximum output power of +14dBm, where the inAir9B-UFL has a maximum of +20dBm. This modules requires less supply current than the inAir9B-UFL, even when configured for the same output power (+14dBm or less). Choose this module if power consumption has to be kept to a minimum, and no more than +14dBm is required.
The SX1276 is a revolutionary new chip enabling wireless communications at distances up to 15km, using Semtech’s LoRa(Long Range) technology. This chip also supports high performance (G)FSK modes for systems including WMBus, IEEE802.15.4g.
This module can be used for 868 and 915MHz communication. It is based on the Semtech SX1276RF1KAS and SX1276RF1IAS reference designs, which also use identical components for 868 and 915MHz. We have also confirmed with Semtech engineers that there reference design is correct, and both modules have identical components.
The board is a high quality, RF optimized, 4 layer PCB. It has been designed with assistance from Semtech engineers, ensuring optimum layout and performance! Only brand name, high quality components are used! All capacitors and inductors are high precision parts, resulting in optimized performance. The crystal a very critical component for the SX1276, and is required to be very accurate to achieve high sensitivity. This board uses a high accuracy crystal as recommended by Semtech.
This module will outperform competitor products that use 2 layer PCBs, cheap capacitors and inductors and low accuracy crystals! When choosing a SX1276 module, it is very important to realize that they will NOT all perform the same just because they use the same chip! Designing RF boards is very tricky, and lots of power and sensitivity is lost due to bad PCB design and poor components!
This module enables 3.3V devices (like a Microcontroller for example) to communicate with remote nodes via a wireless protocol.For details on the SX1276 chip, download it’s datasheet from www.semtech.com.
This board has a metal shield for improved performance.
A U.FL(UFL) connector (conn-ufl) is mounted on this board. Two standard 1×7, 2.54mm (0.1″) pin header (or press-fit headers) can be soldered onto this board (position X1 and X2 on board). If required, wires can of course be soldered onto the PCB in stead of pin headers. If required, this module can also be used as a SX1276 breakout board, and wires can be soldered onto the PCB in stead of pin headers.
- Wide Operating voltage from 1.8V to 3.7V
- 153 dB maximum link budget
- +14 dBm high efficiency PA
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 kbps
- High sensitivity: down to -139 dBm (-148 only possible with TCXO)
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -11 dBm
- Excellent blocking immunity
- Low RX current of 9.9 mA, 200 nA register retention
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRaTMand OOK modulation
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery
- Preamble detection
- 127 dB Dynamic Range RSSI
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC
- Packet engine up to 256 bytes with CRC
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator
- High quality assembly, with brand name, quality components. No cheap, “no name brand” components are used!
- Module dimension: 27.3mm x 24.51mm (1.075″ x 0.965″)
- RoHS Compliant
- Operating Temperature -40°C to + 85°C
1 x Wireless Module with SX1276 chip and metal shield, as shown in picture above. The pin headers are not included! We can supply 1×7 pin header for free on request.